Modern Times require Modern Education Techniques !
Continuing with it's practice of changing with times and maintaining high standards of education, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has recently introduced New Syllabus for the entrance examination to Company Secretary career; popularly known as Foundation Programme (CSFP). ICSI has also changed the pattern/mode of conducting exams.
Continue reading below for details of the new pattern and our take on the same
The Change means these things for you,
- The new syllabus and examination scheme shall be applicable from December, 2012.
- New CSFP examinations shall be conducted with Multiple Choice Questions. Each question carries 1 mark.
- Introduction of OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) system in CSFP examination. The student has to darken the bubble/circle of correct option for answering that question. The papers are corrected by using special scanning machines and computer software instead of manual correction.
- There shall be NO NEGATIVE MARKING.
- There shall be four subjects of 100 marks each.
- The examination of 2 subjects shall be conducted per day, with a break in between. Thus, examination shall be conducted in 2 days.
- The examination of each subject shall be for 2 hours.
- The existing CSFP students may switch over to new syllabus and pattern without any extra payment.
- The last attempt for CSFP (old syllabus) will be June 2013 examination.
- Existing students would be provided two attempts to complete the Foundation Programme under the existing syllabus unless they switch over to new syllabus.
Take a look at Subject details & Marks for them below,
Preparing for theoretical subjects will no longer be nightmare. The emphasis will be on understanding the concepts and not mugging up.
In CA CPT the biggest pressure point is while attempting the doubtful questions, as there is fear of negative marking.
But in new & revised CSFC there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The only concern is the quantum of syllabus prescribed. In an attempt to construct a great foundation, the institute has increased the variety and volume of the syllabus. But, many concepts are a repetition of Pre-graduation (XI & XII) level studies, giving a sigh of relief.
In a nutshell, the new syllabus and examination scheme of ICSI for CS Foundation Programme is good news for Company Secretaries course aspirants and we are happy to guide you in your studies.
With the dedicated team of More Classes, exhaustive study materials, well equipped classes and 5 years experience of teaching CA-CPT examination, we are sure that your studies for CSFP with us will be a successful joyride.
Wishing you all the best,
--Prof. Nikhil Nair & Prof. Anand More